Over the past 10-days, State and local authorities across the US, have issued “stay-at-home” orders for all residents in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This order instructs people to stay at home and mandates the closure of all “non-essential” businesses.
As an essential business, Bureau Veritas’ testing and inspection services fall under the federal critical infrastructure sectors, helping to ensure our client’s equipment continues to operate reliably. As such, our six North American oil analysis labs remain open for business at our regular schedule (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm)
Like you, the health and safety of our employees and clients continue to be our number one priority. We have implemented several changes in the laboratory to comply with all CDC guidelines and recommendations. We are monitoring the situation in our labs daily, and in the event the situation changes and it is no longer safe to operate, we are prepared to institute our pandemic contingency plan which would include the following;
- Overnight forwarding of all samples received at the lab to one of our six (6) N. American laboratories for testing.
- Communication to all impacted clients advising them to begin sending samples to one of the other labs, and providing pre-addressed shipping mailers.
- We have taken steps to ensure that we have adequate inventory of sampling supplies and products to continue to fulfill all orders received.
Services to Support you During the Pandemic and Beyond
Additionally, Bureau Veritas is here to help support your operations and maintenance teams during these challenging times. With over 2,000 field inspectors, we are deploying our resources in non-traditional ways to ensure reliable equipment operation for our clients.
- Sample Shipping / Logistics: Whether it’s getting samples across the US or the globe, we have several options to help you ensure quick and reliable shipping to any of our laboratory locations. Call or email our Customer Care Center at 800-866-1234 / email@example.com and we will help you get your samples to the lab.
- Lubrication Technicians: Reduced personnel availability is impacting everyone. Bureau Veritas is able to leverage our large N. American network of inspectors to help with equipment inspections and oil sampling. Learn More about our available field inspection and sampling services.
- Technical Support: Our Data Analysts are here to support your maintenance program. Whether it’s a question about a sample report or troubleshooting a mechanical issue with a machine, our Analysts are available to provide expert insight at no cost. Contact Us with your questions.
For the most up to date information on our operation and contingency plans, please see our COVID-19 Response Page