a rotating or sliding eccentric part which passes motion to a roller or pin moving against its edge. Used to cyclically raise, lower, or otherwise move a part a specific distance, such as the action of a cam moving an engine’s valves.

« Back to Glossary Index

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly